Q: I have a 02 Tahoe four wheel drive. How many u-joints are on it?

How many ujoints are there on a 02 tahoe 4×4 with the 5.3 vin.z

Hi there. There is a total of 9 universal joints on your vehicle. The universal joints are in the following locations:

Universal Joint Locations

• 2 on the rear driveshaft, 1 on the differential and 1 on the output shaft to the transfer case
  • 3 on the front driveshaft, 1 on the differential and 2 on a double cardan joint on the transfer case
  • 2 on the front axle, 1 on each end of the axle for steering the axle
  • 2 on the steering shaft on the steering column

I suggest installing universal joints that have grease zerk locations to help the joints last longer. If you need further assistance with universal joint replacements, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I have a 02 Tahoe four wheel drive. How many u-joints are on it?