Q: It does not respond to this request. Says misrecognition. I'm about ready to rip this stupid feature out of my car. Please help me

asked by on October 07, 2017

I want to shut off the sms announcement. It's really annoying. I tried to follow numerous things and it keeps telling me misrecognition. Please help

If you don’t want Uconnect to let you know every time that your paired cell phone has a new text message, you can turn off the announcements. To do so, press the Uconnect phone button, which looks like a telephone and is located on either the center console or the steering wheel, and say “Setup, SMS incoming message announcement.” Then follow the prompts to turn off the announcements. There are additional detailed instructions on how to do this in the vehicle’s Owner’s Manual and at the Dodge owner’s manual/vehicle information website. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr