2001 honda crv, broken timing belt, probably valve damage...

Q: 2001 honda crv, broken timing belt, probably valve damage, could repair for <$1000 be likely?

asked by on September 07, 2017

Broken timing belt, fairly sure valve damage, coolant hoses need replaced, drivers side window probably needs new power window motor, kelly bluebook value probably <$1000, Is it likely I could get repair for <$1000, I don't even want to take it somewhere if not likely to spend <$1000

Unfortunately if the valves have been damaged the engine will likely require replacement. With the cost of a new engine and the labor time to put it in I would imagine that a repair such as this would cost over $1,000. If the vehicle is only worth $1,000 putting another $1,000 into it would mean that you are double what it’s worth into it. Unfortunately it is likely not a wise financial decision to repair this engine if your price range is that low.