Q: Car makes big click sound when coming to a stop.

Car makes big click sound when coming to a stop. It's not my brakes. I had them checked out

A: The noise you are hearing could be coming f...

The noise you are hearing could be coming from a variety of components. Your first step is to try and isolate the noise and figure out where it’s coming from. You’re going to want to see if you can isolate it to the front of the back of the vehicle, and then to the left or the right.

After that you’re going to want to do a full inspection of the vehicle in that area. Noises like this can come from brake issues, which it sounds like you’ve already addressed, or they can come from suspension and drive shaft issues. When it comes to a clicking noise it’s often metal-on-metal that may need to be lubricated. So look at your CV joints and U-joints. Look at any suspension mounts or wheel well assembly parts (brake components, axle, hubs) that may be loose. Look for anything that may be bent or out of shape. Once you locate the issue you can make a proper diagnosis and see if they can be repaired or replaced. If you would like to have all of this taken care of for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the clicking noise and follow through with appropriate repairs.