Q: CAR completely dead, lights on but are dim, lost power steering, and power windows, ABS LIGHT AND BATTERY LIGHT ARE ON,

asked by on September 10, 2017

CAR completely dead, lights on but are dim, lost power steering, and power windows, ABS LIGHT AND BATTERY LIGHT ARE ON, jump started it once, but died a block down the road, has a new battery, Could it be the alternator?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

There are several possibilities, all involving the vehicle electrical system. I would suggest first measuring charging system output. If charging system output is normal, and the battery is new and fully charged, and yet the lights are dim and the car won’t start, the recommended diagnostic is a no start diagnostic. If you request that, the responding certified mechanic will pinpoint the fault and get your car running. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr