Q: Transmission gets often times gets stuck in 2nd gear. Why?

I been experiencing rough shifting ...all fluids are where they should be .No metal shavings in fluid, no leaks. It sometimes gets stuck in third.after parking them driving it seems to work again....what could be the problem.

This is often times a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this shifting issue.

3. Transmission gets often times gets stuck in 2nd gear. Why?