Q: Check engine light with P1717 error code

I'm getting a P1717 error code which I've been told is a transmission issue. My mechanic replaced the battery and said that will take care of it. Since my boyfriend told me what P1717 means, I'm concerned that I have transmission trouble. Can you please tell me what to do? Thanks so much.

The code does pertain to the transmission selector range switch. This switch tells the transmission what gear you are selecting. This code can be induced if the battery voltage got below 11 volts. I would suggest having the code cleared; and if the code returns, then have a mechanic diagnose the Check Engine Light more thoroughly to determine if a replacement switch or any other repair is needed.

3. Check engine light with P1717 error code