Q: Ac compressor fuse blows 2004 Ford Taurus

asked by on March 06, 2017

I had to bypass the ac compressor with my pulley because It locked it and broke and my fuse keeps blowing every morning so I have to put a new one in and I had to unplug the ac because it just keeps blowing the fuse when I start my car if I have it plugged in

AC Compressor Replacement $672.08 - $2832.17 Get a Quote

Hi there - from your symptoms, it sounds like your AC compressor clutch has locked up, or the clutch bearing has seized, such that the serpentine belt tries to turn the compressor whenever you start the engine. (REALLY problematic if the compressor has seized.) In any case, I think a new AC compressor (which comes with a new clutch) is in order. And, you’ll have cool air in the car again as well! I recommend an AC compressor replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.