Q: Car runs rough, Check Engine Light on, and bad fuel mileage - 2005 Suzuki Verona

My car has developed a few problems. First, it has been running with a moderate level of roughness; not extremely bad, but annoying. Also, the CEL light started flashing intermittently. At times it is a solid light and other times it flashes. Yet another problem is that I am getting bad fuel mileage. I am thinking that my car might be misfiring, but I have not pulled the plugs yet, so I’m not sure about that. Could you please give me any advise as to what I need to do to repair my car?

Hi there. I would start first by checking for codes that are causing the Check Engine light to come on. This will direct diagnosis and let you know if it related to fuel, spark, compression, or another system. Have a professional mechanic, like YourMechanic, diagnose the Check Engine Light and correct the issue. Proper addressing of the Check Engine Light will likely solve the rough running issues as well.

• Car runs rough, Check Engine Light on, and bad fuel mileage - 2005 Suzuki Verona