Q: I'm smelling gas after I drive everytime

After everytime I drive or leave the car in idle I start to smell gas and I know it is not the exhaust

I did not seem to find any technical bulletins for this issue. I would first recommend not driving the vehicle until you have the system checked to see what kind of fuel leak or vapor leak you are having.

If you are smelling the fuel then the vapors can be ignited. It may be dangerous to drive the vehicle. The thing to do is to stop and turn off the vehicle and walk around the car to see if the odor is coming from the front or rear of the car. If it is coming from the rear then the fuel tank may have a leak at the lines on top of the fuel tank or in the vapor lines coming off of the tank.

If you notice the odor coming from the front of the car, then open the hood and carefully look to see if you can identify any fuel leaking on the engine fuel injection system or the vapor lines that go from the fuel tank up to the engine.

Remember that if you can smell the leak it can be dangerous to drive the vehicle as it could catch fire. If you need further assistance, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to detect the leak for you. From there, they will be able to make the necessary repairs to get you safely back on the road.