Q: How to remove an aftermarket alarm?

asked by on December 22, 2016

Battery cables were removed to clean posts wen tried to connect alarm went off cannot start van

Hi there. Locate the controller to the aftermarket alarm on the vehicle and follow the power wires to the fuse box or electrical wiring in the vehicle. If the wiring goes to the fuse box, locate where the wire is connected to and remove the power wire. If the power wire is connected to the vehicle harness, then cut the wire and cap off the power wire to the harness. This will disconnect the alarm system to the vehicle. If you are trying to disconnect the factory alarm, it is impossible as the alarm is tied into the computer system, doors, and windows. Removing the factory alarm will disable the engine, door locks, and window switches. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you disable the aftermarket alarm if you are unable to disconnect it yourself.