Q: I have a 2000 honda civic EX and check engine light with D4 blinking ... and pulled the codes p1705 and p1768 ...

asked by on May 11, 2017

I have a 2000 honda civic EX and check engine light with D4 blinking ... and pulled the codes p1705 and p1768 ... most likely what would i replace first ..

Trouble code P1705 implicates the throttle position sensor (TPS). A transmission fault (which is indicated by a flashing "D4") can arise if the TPS is malfunctioning. Consequently, I would recommend testing the TPS first. Once code P1705 is resolved, then code P1768 comes into play. P1768 implicates the clutch pressure control solenoid valve circuit. You want to check for a faulty solenoid, a solenoid valve harness that is open or shorted, or a poor electrical connection (high resistance, voltage drop). The testing of both of these components can be accomplishing using the Factory Service Manual "decision tree" and, as well, a scanner (or scope) is useful for TPS testing. During one mobile visit by a certified mechanic, both codes can be diagnosed if you request a check engine light diagnostic. Replacement of parts without a conclusive diagnostic is not recommended as it is usually a waste of your repair dollars. The cardinal rule is, prior to doing anything, be sure that you have confirmed the failure. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.