Q: Brakes not working correctly, grinding when trying to stop.

The brakes pop back and make a grinding noise when I try to stop, and I have to push them several times to stop the vehicle. The ABS light does not come on when this happens. This happens several times a week on both dry and wet roads. The dealership can't find what the problem is.

Brake Master Cylinder Replacement $157.33 - $903.44 Get a Quote
Brake Caliper Replacement $195.57 - $1149.94 Get a Quote

Hi, I have read articles that would indicate that Ford has a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) for that year’s model and for the lower control arm and several people are having the same problem. I would take it to the dealer and have them look at it and to check the TSB for you on that vehicle. If the dealer say that it’s not the control arm then you may have a bad master cylinder and calipers. A mechanic from YourMechanic can come out and look at the braking system for you if you would like.