Q: Car will not turnover. Just one click when the key is turned. All electronics (radio, lights, etc.) are working.

asked by on March 06, 2017

Checked the fuses. What else should I check?

Starter Replacement $154.22 - $1111.01 Get a Quote

Hi There, Generally, when turning the key produces one single click sound, this often times indicates you may have a faulty starter solenoid. A faulty starter solenoid will generally produce a clicking sound when turning the key. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.