Q: Truck stalls when stopping ocassionally. 2001 Mazda B4000

asked by on August 31, 2016

My truck has been stalling ocassionally. I have no troubles starting it and it idles well too. When the engine warms up, the truck would start idling around 750 RPM on average. The stalling occurs when I'm bringing the truck to a stop. It doesn't stall every time though. I had the spark plugs, fuel and air filter replaced as well as the coil pack and wires. The stalling still happens. What else could I do to prevent this? What is causing the truck to stall?

Hello. There could be a problem with the throttle position sensor or the idle air control valve. Both of these sensors help control proper air-fuel mixture and engine idle. Sometimes carbon builds up and clogs the idle air control valve and cause the throttle plate to be hard to open. This may cause the car to stall. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and complete an inspection of the throttle body as well as scan the PCM for any possible diagnostic trouble codes to pinpoint the cause of the stalling issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr