Q: Having problems starting the car.

asked by on October 23, 2016

Try 3 or more times until the car engine starts, when we put the scanner on it doesn't give any codes. We try the scanners from AutoZone and none of them turn on

Fuel Pump Replacement $120.92 - $1186.72 Get a Quote
Fuel Filter Replacement $83.13 - $270.56 Get a Quote

Hello, it takes 3 things to make a car run, air, spark and fuel. It sounds like it is taking a while to get fuel or its losing fuel pressure. This could be a sign that the fuel pump is going out or the fuel filter is clogged.

Replacing your fuel filter would be my first step as it is a rather inexpensive repair and could fix your issue. It is recommended you change your fuel filter every 30,000 miles and if it hasn’t been done, you should definitely replace it. I am unsure what type of vehicle you have, but a lot of Chevrolet’s do this and you end up having to replace both the fuel pump and fuel filter.