Q: Having problems starting the car.

Try 3 or more times until the car engine starts, when we put the scanner on it doesn't give any codes. We try the scanners from AutoZone and none of them turn on

A: Hello, it takes 3 things to make a car run,...

Hello, it takes 3 things to make a car run, air, spark and fuel. It sounds like it is taking a while to get fuel or its losing fuel pressure. This could be a sign that the fuel pump is going out or the fuel filter is clogged.

Replacing your fuel filter would be my first step as it is a rather inexpensive repair and could fix your issue. It is recommended you change your fuel filter every 30,000 miles and if it hasn’t been done, you should definitely replace it. I am unsure what type of vehicle you have, but a lot of Chevrolet’s do this and you end up having to replace both the fuel pump and fuel filter.