Q: Code P0700 and P0722

asked by on May 30, 2017

Trans light came on ,did a check came up with these sensor numbers and just wanted to make sure that I'm not paying for some don't/ do need.. sensor # po700 cnf mod12, po722 cnf mod IF 213

Hi There, Code P0700 relates to the ECU detecting that there is a malfunction in the transmission control system, which then triggers a fail safe mode. Once this happens, this code will remain until the problem is corrected. In your case code P0722 relates to the power train computer not detecting the proper signal from the transmission output speed sensor, which is likely what caused code P0700 to be triggered as well. The transmission speed sensor is a magnetic sensor that provides information related to the speed of the input and output shafts in the transmission, allowing the transmission to shift smoothly. The sensor counts the internal number of revolutions of the transmission and transmits that information to the transmission control unit, where the data is used to determine the rotational speed. As the rotation increases, the control unit directs the changing of gears. When this is not working properly, this may cause the transmission to shift erratically or in some cases not at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your car.