Q: Cold start?

10/24 @ 6am 45° my lexus wouldn't start. I first thought it was the key pad. Tried other one and it started. Changed both key pad batteries. Drove rest of week fine. 10/30 @ 7am same thing around 40° Called AAA. Before he got here, it started right up around 57° . They told me weak battery. So I replaced it. 11/5 today, crank start stop within 10sec. wouldn't start just crank at 32°. Waited 1 min and started right up.

A: Hi there. Ambient temperature can affect an...

Hi there. Ambient temperature can affect any number of electrical components. There could be a poor electrical connection in the power distribution center. The fact that the check engine light is not coming on once the engine does start leads me to believe the ECM (engine control module)/computer is not recognizing the fault. You need to determine whether there is a loss of spark, a loss of fuel, or a loss of both at the time of no start. It is possible, though unlikely, that this may be security/anti-theft measures preventing the engine from starting. It may have to develop into a hard no start, to isolate the cause of failure. Replacing components without a proper diagnosis could be expensive and time consuming and may not solve your problem. I recommend having your vehicle's poor cold start be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.