Q: Q: My car wont shift into gear.

I have a 93 hatchback mustang, its an automatic. It wont shift from from park to drive or anything, one of the transmission seals snapped, could this be the cause of my problem?

Hi there. It is possible that the transmission seal may be the source of your hard to shift problem. When transmission fluid levels drop and pressure is reduced, it can cause problems in shifting an automatic transmission. It’s also possible that gear linkage is damaged or an obstruction in your shifter is causing the problem. It might be a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to shift inspection.

3. Q: My car wont shift into gear.