Q: Jeep Grand Cherokee loses power when accelerating breaks up like the fuel is deprived.

Vehicle starts up no problem. You can pull out into traffic nice and slow and drive without accelerating beyond 1/2 throttle. Once you press fully on the accelerator, then it is like it loads up and will not accelerate. let off the gas and it will drive fine stay above 1/2 throttle and it drove just fine. Is it the Map sensor. maybe. i have some mechanical experience. But looking in the right direction will help alot.

Hello and thanks for writing in. I believe you are headed in the right direction. I would suggest checking the MAP sensor as well as fuel pressure to be sure that all fuel injectors are firing properly and not plugged. What you are describing definitely sounds like a fuel starvation issue. If you need further help with this, please reach out to us here at YourMechanic as we are always here to help.

3. Jeep Grand Cherokee loses power when accelerating breaks up like the fuel is deprived.