Engine shaking when idling charger throttles engine idle ...

Q: Engine shaking when idling

asked by on February 04, 2016

The Throttle Control light is coming on. When the light comes on, the engine shakes and has trouble idling. After I notice the issue, I turn the car off. When I start the car back up, the problem disappears The car will then run fine until the next morning, when it will have the same problem all over again.

The light on the dashboard may be for the traction control system, which is affected by the drive by wire throttle body on your vehicle. Have a trained technician, such as those at YourMechanic, scan the vehicle for fault codes, and run an inspection on the throttle body operation and accuracy of the throttle position sensors.