Q: Car overheating after replacing radiator and no heat thru vents

asked by on March 24, 2017

My radiator has been leaking. Today I replaced it and after reassembling everything and bleeding the cooling system of air I turned on the car only to find that my heat in the cabin doesn't work and the car kept going past it's normal operating temperature. I turned it off before it could overheat. What's my problem.

Hi there. The problem is more than likely due to an obstruction of some sort within the heater core, or the heater control valve is not working as it is intended. You might want to watch this video on how to remove and replace the heater control valve as it will give you some ideas on what to check.