Q: Why do I hear a squeak on the upper front side of my car when I go over driveways for example?

asked by on September 28, 2017

When driving on the road and for example I turn into a driveway that's slightly uphill I hear a noise from the front of the car almost as if it was the suspension. I am not sure if it is or not or what part is needed. Also, driving on the road if the road is uneven and the front left side of the car goes over uneven and then back to flat road it makes like a crunching noise not necessarily a squeak. Not sure if it's a problem but it bothers me and would like to know what it could be. Please and thank you.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Fabian. Thanks for contacting us today. There are several front end and steering components that depend on proper lubrication of bearings or bushings that could be causing the noise you are hearing. Some of the common culprits of these symptoms include shock mounts, stabilizer bar bushings or upper / lower ball joints. The best way to know for certain which one is causing the noise is to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection, so they can test drive the vehicle with you and attempt to replicate the noise. This will allow them to isolate the source and recommend the best course of action.

You should have your lower ball joints checked for wear. Also the sway bar bushings and links may be worn out. Have the entire front suspension checked for worn out or defective bushings or ball joints in the steering system.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr