Q: Can I shift my 2008 Saturn Outlook into neutral without keys?

asked by on October 27, 2017

How to shift into neutral with no keys

Your car is not designed to go into neutral without the keys. When the battery is dead, you can bypass the shift interlock solenoid by inserting a screwdriver into the manual override slot. On your vehicle, I believe the override is located behind a small cover, above the gear selector. However, you will still need the key for this. To move the vehicle into neutral without the keys, you can disconnect the shift linkage at the transmission. Then, manually move the transmission-mounted level into the neutral position.