Q: Car is making weird nose from the front end

When I first start my car after its been sitting in the driveway my steering is loose and the front end makes a weird humming/grinding noise when I break the break pedal also vibrates a little but after about 5 minutes of driving my steering tightens up and the noise stops until the next time I go to start my car up again it's been doing this for about 4 days now I'm not sure what it is, what could be causing this? I've also checked all my fluids and they are all good

My car has 190000 km My car has an automatic transmission.

A: Hello there, the loose steering and brake p...

Hello there, the loose steering and brake pedal vibration can be caused by a few different items and may be related. The most common causes of the loose steering and noise is the power steering pump failing or air in the power steering system due to a leak, low fluid level, or a failing rack and pinion. The brake vibration can be caused by warped rotors, the steering rack and pinion or a wheel bearing. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your brakes, steering, and suspension to detect the faults and make any repairs that are needed.