Q: Driver's seat stuck in the forward position

The back of the driver's seat is stuck in the forward position to allow entry to the back seat. The motor moves the seat in all directions as if it thinks the seat back is in the correct position. I cannot sit in the driver's seat with it in this position.

A: Hello. In addition to the motor, there are ...

Hello. In addition to the motor, there are other components to your seat that control its movement. It sounds like the mechanical parts that control the upper part of the seat have broken, which could cause the seat to be stuck in the forward position. It is possible to fix this problem by repairing the broken part. Otherwise, the seat would have to be replaced. Because you are unable to drive you car with the seat stuck in this position, it would be a good idea to have a certified technician come to you in order to determine how best to fix this seat problem.