Q: Turns over but won't start.. 2001 Chevrolet Blazer

So every day when I first start to crank my blazer, (2001 Chevy blazer 2wd, 2door, 4.3) the motor will turn and turn but not start. If I spray starting fluid through breather and try to start it will crank and run until I cut it off. If it sits for a couple hours it will do the same thing, wont start til I use starting fluid. Rarely sometimes it will crank the second time without fluid. I've changed crank sensor, new battery, cap and rotor, it has ngk iridium plugs, new wires, checked fuel pressure which is at 62, new fuel filter, pump does engage when key is turned. I have fuel, spark, compression. I'm out of ideas. Please help

Hello - your symptoms and diagnostic efforts still make me suspect that there isn’t adequate fuel pressure when you first try to crank it. The fact that it sometimes starts on the second effort reinforces this. If the fuel check valve/fuel pressure regulator is allowing the fuel pressure to completely drop overnight, the fuel pump has to run longer to bring pressure up to where the injectors actually deliver fuel. Leaving the fuel pressure gauge attached overnight, so that you can watch fuel pressure on first startup will provide guidance as to whether this is the case. I recommend a hard start inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Turns over but won't start.. 2001 Chevrolet Blazer