Q: If I go through a puddle, even one that is not deep, my engine stalls out. Mechanic told me to avoid puddles.

My Sonata keeps stalling out when I go through a puddle. Especially if it is going into a turn. My mechanic checked the shield and it looks fine. My belts seems fine. Her advice was to avoid puddles. I live in Florida and it rains torrents here. I've been using a belt grip spray that does alleviate the problem to some degree, but eventually it stalls.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. A lot time when ...

Hi, thanks for writing in. A lot time when this happens, it is due to a bad belt, or the belt is being soiled by oil and fluid from the car. The belt tensioner also could be weak, allowing the belt to come off when it gets wet. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home or office to confirm a diagnosis on the issue and make or suggest the necessary repairs or replacements.