Q: Crank but no start. No spark or fuel - all quit at the same time

My 94 explorer cranks but won't start. I have no spark and no fuel. I have replaced the ignition module with a used one as they are $100 up,and replaced the crank positioning sensor(new). I tried oreilly & napa to test the ign. module but they say they don't have the adapter for that year. I have power to the coil 4 wire plugin at the coil (test light lights on all 4 wires with the ignition on but goes out when cranking no light on all 4 wires) The fuel shuttoff is engaged so its not that. I have switched the fuel pump relay and no change. I get no spark out of the coil either. I went through a medium puddle and it just stopped and will not start, spark etc. The battery is new also.Was running fine before the water puddle. No warning signs no smells just died. I tested the amps at the crank sensor and it showed .5 but did not fluctuate so replaced it with a new one but didn't retest it. Its getting really frustrating and I can't pinpoint it. Thanks, Ron

Hello. If the vehicle began to experience these issues after going through a puddle then it may very well be possible that one of the components may have shorted or malfunctioned due to moisture. First off, keep in mind that the fuel and ignition systems function independently of each other, which means that there may be more than one issue that is cutting off power to each of them.

If there is no spark or fuel, then the first thing I would do is check the vehicle’s fuses and relays, particularly the EFI main and ignition relays. It may be possible that one of these components has failed and is cutting off power to the vehicle’s ignition and fuel systems. If these check out, then it may be possible that the issue is wiring-related, in which case I would carefully examine the engine bay for any worn, frayed, or otherwise potentially faulty wiring. A certified technician from YourMechanic, can come to your car’s location to inspect the car’s starting problem and pinpoint the repairs needed to have this resolved.

3. Crank but no start. No spark or fuel - all quit at the same time