Q: Truck had a lot of smoke coming out the day before and it kept shutting off. Now wont start.

Truck had alot of smoke coming out the day before then kept shutting off now won't start at all.

Hi there. Depends on what type of smoke was coming from the engine and where it was coming from. If the smoke was coming from the exhaust pipe, then either fuel or oil has entered into the exhaust system through a valve that could be burned. If the engine was smoking, then either the smoke was coolant leaking out of the engine or the engine got overheated and was burning all of the debris on the engine. Check the oil level and the coolant level and make sure that they are full. If the oil is milky, then either the head gasket or the intake gasket has blown causing coolant to enter the oil galleries. If the engine will not turn over, try turning the engine over by hand. If the engine will not budge, then the engine was starved of oil and seized up. If the engine can turn, then the battery may be dead and needs charged or replaced. If you need further assistance with seeing smoke from the engine, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• Truck had a lot of smoke coming out the day before and it kept shutting off. Now wont start.