Q: How do you use the defroster?

How do you use the defroster?

It’s important that you have a clear view out of the windshield and all the other windows in your car. Of course, it seems to take very little to fog them up, and during the winter, ice and freezing rain can also obscure your vision. The defogger/defroster on your car can help. Here’s how to use it:

1. Press the defroster/defogger button on the heater/air conditioner control panel

2. Press the recirculation button

3. Turn the temperature dial all the way up

4. Turn the fan all the way up

Tip

Don’t leave the defroster running at full blast/full heat for long. As soon as the windshield has cleared, turn the temperature to midway, reduce the fan speed, and put the system back to fresh air.

3. How do you use the defroster?