Clutch sticks to floor and won't release honda prelude cl...

Q: Clutch sticks to floor and won't release

asked by on May 27, 2016

My clutch pedal sticks to the floor and won't release back up. Only a couple of weeks ago I purchased this car pre-owned. The previous owner told me that he had recently replaced the Clutch Master Cylinder and the Clutch Slave Cylinder. What should I do to fix this problem?

This is an indication of either a clutch hydraulic system that needs to be filled or bled, or a defective clutch pressure plate.

• The clutch hydraulic fluid level needs to be checked and the clutch hydraulics bled to ensure there is no air trapped in the system.

• The pressure plate is spring loaded and is what pushes against the clutch hydraulic system and returns the clutch pedal after it is depressed. If the pedal goes to the floor and doesn’t return, the linkage from the clutch slave cylinder to the clutch fork needs to inspected. If there are no defects, the pressure plate may need to be replaced.

You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the knowledge and equipment necessary to diagnose the clutch issue and find the best fix.