Q: Im getting P061F code should I Flash it or just replace the PCM . In my 08 explorer

asked by on April 30, 2017

My explorer continues to cut off . Im getting a P061F code. should flash it or replace the PCM

Hi There, As you know, this code relates to a PCM malfunction, which is usually due to things like the PCM becoming faulty itself, a short in the wiring to the PCM or in some cases a software problem with the PCM, which may require it to be re-flashed or in some cases just replaced. Depending on your budget, you may want to try having it re-flashed prior to purchasing a new PCM to see if this can be corrected by re-flashing it.