Q: My Cadillac CTS displayed a message saying trans hot engine idle what could the cause of that be?

asked by on February 04, 2017

The car was running fine and then all of a sudden it wouldn't accelerate and the rpm kept going up and back down rapidly and then That message appeared.

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Check the transmission fluid and see if its low or too high. Low or too high transmission fluid will cause the transmission to overheat. The transmission temperature sensor will pick up this condition and keep the vehicle from going into gear. If the fluid is normal, then the transmission could be slipping. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission issue.