Q: My car won't start when I turn the key, I have to press on gas for it to start

My car was working perfectly fine. I go to start it this morning turn the key and it won't start but when I push in gas peddle it started.

Hi there. It sounds like a coincidence that it started when the gas pedal was pressed. The most common issue on the Mazda 6 is the key itself. If the computer does not pick it up correctly, then it will keep the car from starting. I would try a second key if you have one. I have also had to reprogram the computer for these types of issues as the programming becomes corrupt. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the starting issue to verify what is causing the problem.

• My car won't start when I turn the key, I have to press on gas for it to start