Q: Engine won't accelerate past 1000 RPM's

Last night I went to start my car and when it started smoothly three lights came on Check Engine Soon, TRC Off and SLIP. The car was idling fine but would not accelerate beyond 1000 RPM's. Any ideas before I have it towed to the auto shop?

Your car is designed to limit the throttle opening when it detects a major failure in one of its systems. What has failed would not be known since the lights you have on could have been caused by hundreds of different reasons. The systems should be checked by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic so you do not have to get it towed possibly since they can be a mobile mechanic and come to you to find out the reason for the lack of throttle response.

3. Engine won't accelerate past 1000 RPM's