Q: Warning message coming up on display panel.

asked by on February 04, 2016

I am getting the warning message "System Detected Improper Connection of Parking Brake Lead. Check for Configuration for Safety." on the display panel.

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

When this warning comes up it is typically caused by a bad parking brake switch. The switch either fails or the connection comes loose. A mechanic would check this out by seeing if the brake light is coming on inside of the vehicle and staying on. If it is staying on then the switch is more than likely bad. If it does not come on then the connection may be bad. Both of these can easily occur on this vehicle. I’d recommend having a certified mechanic fully diagnose the Warning Light to come up with the proper repairs.