Q: Slow acceleration

All of a sudden car lost power would accelerate very slowly even when the peddal was pushed down all the way. I just changed the throttle body and mass airflow sensor I also changed a spark plug Coil.I don't know why its doing this

Thanks for writing in about the acceleration issue with your 2007 Volvo S60. At first glance, I’d agree with you that the problem would be caused by the MAF sensor, as that’s what commonly causes the slow acceleration issues and can be a typical problem with many Volvos. However, it could be a problem with the throttle module located right under the intake manifold.

Restriction in air or fuel flow might also be causing this problem to occur. Changing the fuel and air filters might seem to be a simple solution, but in many cases this solves the problem. Keep in mind, I believe that the throttle modules on Volvo’s are warrantied for for 10 years or 200,000 miles - putting you barely under the warranty claim level. I’d call the dealership about the throttle module issue and see if your car is still covered. If not, contact a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can test drive and diagnose the acceleration issue in order to move forward with correct repairs.