Q: What are the red and orange lights that show on the dash?

What are the red and orange lights that show on the dash?

A: Your car has a number of important dash lig...

Your car has a number of important dash lights that are used to inform you of potential problems and to deliver other information. These include the following:

• Seat Belt Reminder Indicator: This light will illuminate if an occupant has not buckled up.

• Low Oil Pressure Indicator: This light will stay lit if your engine experiences a drop in oil pressure.

• Charging System Indicator: This light indicates a potential problem with the battery or alternator.

• Malfunction Indicator Lamp: Also called the Check Engine light, this light comes on for emissions related problems.

• Parking Brake and Brake System Indicator: This light serves two purposes. First, it indicates if your parking brake is engaged. Second, it warns you that the brake is not disengaging after releasing the handle.

• Supplemental Restraint System Indicator: This light indicates a problem with your air bag system.

• Side Air Bag Off Indicator: This light tells you that the side air bag has been turned off.

• Antilock Brake System Indicator: This light tells you if there is a problem with the system.

• Vehicle Stability Assist System Indicator: The light flashes if the system is activated, and it will stay on if there is a problem with the system.

• VSA Off Indicator: This tells you that the vehicle stability assist system is currently off.

• Low Tire Pressure Indicator: Tells you that one of the tires is low on air.

• Tire Pressure Monitoring System: Warns you that there is a problem with the system that monitors the air pressure in your tires.