Q: My truck randomly dies and won't start for hours

Okay well my truck will start in the morning and drive for 20 mins after that it randomly died and dose not always want to start then when I'm trying to start it my battery dies right away. All I smell when it dies is gas sometimes when I boost it after it dies it will start but sometimes it won't start at all .

The most common cause for this problem is the ignition module and ignition coil causing the no spark condition. I would recommend having the spark tested when the no start condition is happening so the problem can be isolated to the ignition system. Once this is done then check the green and red wire to the ignition coil when the key is on the red wire should have battery voltage. The green wire when checking with a test light to ground should blink when the engine is cranked. If no blinking then replace the ignition module and coil. This is some basic checks to try and isolat the problem and may require a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to do further diagnosis for you.

3. My truck randomly dies and won't start for hours