Q: Transmission trouble shifting -1998 Plymouth Voyager

asked by on September 05, 2016

98 Plymouth voyager se. 3.0L, 4 speed automatic transmission on the column. Having problem not shifting out of 1st. Some times gets to 2nt. Codes we went off of was P0700 and P1768. When drive for a little bit and play with it manually it will shift up. Then when slow down it abruptly down shifts to 2nt. Also just noticed the gear lights on dash(PRND3L) lightly flickering. Have replaced input/output spend sensors, the TCM, and TCC(shift solenoid). After all that still Having same problems.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Try replacing the transmission control relay in main junction box. This is a possible cause of the code P1768. The P0700 code should not pertain to your vehicle and may be an erroneous code. I would try the relay first, and then clear codes and retest. You could also have a wire problem in the transmission harness. You can try disconnecting and reconnecting transmission harness connections to see if this helps. If it still has issues, then have a mechanic do a thorough diagnostic pinpoint test of code P1768.