Q: Squeaking noise while driving

I believe my front right wheel bearings need replacing. There is a squeaking noise as I drive. The noise lessens as I veer left or drive in a leftward curve.

A: Hi there. This is possible, especially if t...

Hi there. This is possible, especially if the intensity of the noise changes as the weight of the vehicle is shifted from side to side. Wheel bearing failures will generally cause a constant growling noise but you may be in the early stages of wear on the wheel bearing. Another possibility could be a steering or suspension component noise if the noise is not constant while driving. One last thing to consider is the possibility of an unusual tire wear pattern in the tire tread. A chopping or cupping tire wear pattern can cause a wheel bearing type noise. This tire wear pattern looks like a series of high and low spots that occurs in the inner or outer edge of a tire and can be caused due to a toe setting being off from poor wheel alignment. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the noise and replace the failing components.