Q: Check engine light came on AutoZone said thermostat or gasket

Check engine light came on 2 days ago AutoZone said thermostat or gasket just put thermostat in in April now same thing again and I don't know if my husband put gasket on but I know he put thermostat on There is no leaking no smell not running hot still close to the cold and middle same as always drives very well I drove over 50 miles from Henderson to Raleigh and back with light on. It came on on the way to Henderson and i drove it back home here in Raleigh.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

To maximally help you, we need to know the specific diagnostic trouble code that was downloaded. The code will be a "format" such as P0135, just as one example. If you request a check engine light diagnostic a certified mechanic from Your Mechanic can download that code from your car’s PCM and then run the appropriate tests to determine exactly what is broken. Diagnostic trouble codes cannot be used "directly" to guess at what parts have failed. The codes merely provide clues, albeit important and fundamental ones. But, the only way to get to the root cause of the problem you are having with the check engine light being illuminated is to do a professional diagnostic on the engine and all involved systems so basically we will need that code as well as access to the engine to do the testing. Please let us know how we can best meet your needs and, as well, if you have any follow up questions or concerns.