Q: The battery light turn on when it rains and steering wheel gets jammed for a few seconds. Then battery light turns off it works

asked by on October 01, 2016

It rains. The battery light lights up. Steering wheel jams. The battery light gets turned off. The steering wheel starts working.

This is most likely caused by the serpentine belt slipping. You need to have the belt and tensioner checked for problems and have them repaired as needed. If you need further assistance with this repair, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your steering system.