Q: Car won't go into gear.

My car cranks but doesn't go into gear. When I try to shift, it goes through all of the gears, but will not catch.

When you shift through the gears does your car want to roll freely at all? If the car will roll this is indicative of a failure of your automatic transmission that would need to be diagnosed by a certified transmission mechanic. If the car does not roll that tells me that the transmission is not coming out of park. If this is the case it sounds like your shifter cable may be broken. If your shifter cable is broken I would ask for assistance from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to get your shifter cable replaced so you can once again drive your vehicle.

3. Q: Car won't go into gear.