Q: Starter connecting bracket

My car recently had a connecting starter bracket fall off. How important is this piece and can you go for a while without it until you get it fixed. And what is the best option to fix the starter connecting bracket?

This would depend on if the starter itself is loose or not. If the starter is still starting the vehicle just fine and does not appear to be loose, you should be able to get by for a while. However if the starter itself is loose this can cause damage to the starter or the engine if this issue is not resolved.

3. Starter connecting bracket