Q: Possible causes of P0303 code 2009 Dodge Journey

i had a P0303 code on this car. I replaced the plugs and it ran great for 2 days. then, the check engine light came on and it began to skip or miss. i turned off the engine and started it again and the check engine light went off and the car ran smoothly again. the next day, i started the car and the check engine light came on again and the car ran rough again. Can you tell me if this is likely the coil that needs to be replaced, or if there is some other issue.

Hi there - misfires can be caused by worn spark plugs, failing coils, or injectors dumping too much (or no) fuel into a cylinder, causing a misfire. Yes, this could be a failing coil. Swap the cylinder #3 coil with another coil and see if the symptom moves. If so - then yes, that coil is bad. Remember all the other coils are the same age and condition, so if replacing one, seriously consider replacing them all - not that expensive. For further diagnostic help, I recommend a misfire inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.