Q: I was already having transmission problems. Will constant use of Cruise Control further deteriorate it? Will it cause CC problems?

I was having transmission problems. I'd notice that when I'd put on cruise control it'd often speed up on its own, or when reducing the set speed it'd make a noise and kinda make the car feel as though it's stalling but still on. Could the transmission be the reason behind the crazy cruise control problems?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. The cruise contr...

Hi, thanks for writing in. The cruise control uses some of the same sensor inputs the transmission uses and can indeed affect the transmission and cruise control. If the transmission is slipping then the cruise control may not control the speed steady. Have the transmission problem diagnosed and fixed then see if cruise control problems go away.