Q: Timing kit squealing after new one was installed

I changed the timing kit and oil pump on my 2003 Dodge Durango 4.7L and the timing it's self is dead on perfect it start right up but when I start it, it squeals and taps. Do you have any idea what could cause that?

A: It sounds like something might have been mi...

It sounds like something might have been misaligned or not installed correctly during the previous service. I would recommend retracing your steps to see if any steps were not done properly or if any steps were missed. I would go through your installation procedure in reverse order to find out where the mistake was made. It is possible that a timing chain guide might be out of place causing the chain to rub against something. It is important that the timing system is accessible when diagnosing this issue as the issue would be difficult to resolve without fully inspecting the timing system. If you would like to have this problem scoped out by another technician, a certified pro from YourMechanic can diagnose the squealing and tapping noise at your home or office.