Q: Keeps throwing main fuel pump circuit code.

asked by on February 19, 2017

My 2006 cobalt ss 2.4 is throwing the code a code for the main fuel pump circut i replaced it with another but its still throwing the code also had a camshaft actuator code

Check the fuel pump relay and see if its getting hot. A faulty fuel pump relay will throw a fuel pump circuit code if the relay gets too hot. If there is a code for the camshaft actuator, then there is an issue with the camshaft sensor not working or the engine oil is dirty and not pressurizing the actuator. I recommend changing the engine oil and filter first to see if the camshaft actuator code goes away. If you need further assistance with your check engine light being on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.